Sunday, July 12, 2009

Just Dance.

Dear Jesus,
I'm running away. right now. a long time ago.
I'm afraid You'll hurt me for the sake of learning. again and again. I'm so tired of scraped knees and bruised hands and chipped fingernail polish.
I've forgotten that You give good gifts. I don't know when I'll remember.
and I can't even pretend to offer a reason why. None of this makes sense to me either.
But I figured i should speak from where I am rather than where i want to be for once.
I'm handing you my nothingness, because I have nothing left. No attempts to rebuild myself this time. Because every time i do it just sort of topples to the ground.
So i guess I'll leave that to You, if i ever get this complicated trust thing down.
Its been a lot of scraped knees, You know.

" I can't understand why people like Bridget, and Kostos, who have lost everything, can still find room to love. And I, who have lost nothing....can not."

Yes. I just used a sisterhood of the traveling pants quote. I'm not ashamed. you can learn something from everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment