How do we have so many names for one...process?
And as soon as we come up with a new one, we make sure to sneer at the older one? Don't worry, I don't point the finger. My hand is raised right next to yours.
What is salvation? What is discipleship? what does the Bible actually say?
Is it sacrificing all of ourselves?
"Whoever finds his life will lose it. But whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." Matt 10:39
Is it knowing Him?
"But he replied, ' I tell you the truth, I do not know you.'"--Matt 25:12
Is it praying a prayer from the heart?
"For if you confess with your mouths 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that Christ raised from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
is it grace and mercy?
"But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but the sinners.'" Matt 9:13
or a lifestyle?
"If you love me, you will obey what I command." John 14:15
or all? or none? or a John Piper quote?
My heart knows but my brain is befuddled. Its impossible to wrap the mind around the ways of God, but there's a reason we are told to guard our hearts. It takes both for worship, head and heart. It takes both for sacrifice, for love, for lifestyle, for endurance. There's a little head and heart in all of us. Now if my head could just get a little sorted out. Everyone's saying something different, and I can't hear You above the noise I've made.
What's the absolute? I'm listening.
The Creator is so much more complex than the creation. Isn't that great?
ReplyDelete