Wednesday, February 24, 2010

And heavy wings grow lighter, I'll taste the sky and feel alive again.

Perhaps this sinking feeling in my stomach will go away. I hope so. I hate to be jaded, but at this moment in time i'll take whatever protection i can get. my heart doesn't make very good decisions.

Nighttime is peacefulness again. Don't ruin this for me. Every season has its beauty, and angst has had its place, but I've got to take of my party hat and take down the pity banner. The taste of unrequited love is getting a little bit old, and sometimes even well written poetry just becomes more writing on the wall.
Don't whine. Just don't.

So what if I think the way your ears stick out is cute? The demon butterflies in my stomach might be making my toes curl in nervousness but the thing is...really...
what was I saying?
I'm bad at this.

Well. Even if I'm going to be angsty and pensive on my blog, the diamond-cut stars are still out to listen, and be patient with me when I'm ridiculous. My Lover has written riddles in them, and I'm giddy to point them out. Silence. Silence. Cold, clear, refreshing, crystal, lovely silence. She is wonderful and enveloping, like a worn blanket from when I was young. I hold on to her when nothing makes sense, and sometimes when everything makes sense. When words are scarce and thoughts are crashing through my mind like an ill-timed hurricane, she brings promise and tranquility in her hands. Like my mother singing us to sleep in her favorite rocking chair. Like waking up two hours before the alarm goes off. Like flipping the pillow over to the cooler side. Like catching fireflies on a warm summers twilight at Grandma's house.
Isn't she lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment